Dryer Vent Cleaning in Tucson
Dryer vent cleaning is one of the most overlooked maintenance items in you home. Clogged dryer vents can cause extended drying times, cause premature failure of heating elements, and pose a significant fire hazard. Our highly trained professionals will perform a six step cleaning on your dryer and dryer vent. Save time and money by ensuring your dryer is running at its peak efficiency. Schedule today with the floating button below or call us at (520) 623-5449
Dryer Vent Cleaning Safety Tips & Information
The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission estimates that clothes dryers were associated with 15,600 fires, which resulted in 20 deaths & 370 injuries.
Lint can block the flow of air, cause excessive heat build-up, and result in a fire*. Lint buildup can also significantly increase drying time, and cause heating elements to fail costing you money for repair and excess energy.
* CPSC Document # 5022
Dryer safety checklist
- Have your dryer vent cleaned regularly by a professional, especially if it is taking longer than normal for clothes to dry.
- Read manufacturers’ instructions and warnings in use and care manuals that come with new dryers.
- Make sure the correct electrical plug and outlet are used and that the dryer is connected properly.
- Clean the lint filter before and after each load of laundry. Don’t forget to clean the back of the dryer where lint can build up. In addition, clean the lint filter with a nylon brush at least every six months or more often if it becomes clogged.
- Inspect the venting system behind the dryer to ensure it is not damaged or restricted.
- Make sure the outdoor vent covering opens when the dryer is on.
- Replace coiled-wire foil or plastic venting with rigid, non-ribbed metal duct.
- Have gas-powered dryers inspected every year by a professional to ensure that the gas line and connection are together and free of leaks.
- Check regularly to make sure nests of small animals and insects are not blocking the outside vent.
- Keep the area around the clothes dryer free of items that can burn.
- If you will be away from home for an extended time, unplug or disconnect the dryer.
- Don’t use a clothes dryer without a lint filter or with a lint filter that is loose, damaged or clogged.
- Don’t overload the dryer.
- Don’t use a wire screen or cloth to cover the wall damper. They can collect lint and clog the dryer vent.
- Don’t dry anything containing foam, rubber or plastic. An example of an item not to place in a dryer is a bathroom rug with a rubber backing.
- Don’t dry any item for which manufacturers’ instructions state “dry away from heat.”
- Don’t dry items that have come into contact with anything flammable like alcohol, cooking oils or gasoline. Dry them outdoors or in a well-ventilated room, away from heat.
- Don’t leave a clothes dryer running if you leave home or when you go to bed.
3149 E 47th St
Tucson, AZ 85713
Monday – Friday:
8am to 5pm
Phone: (520) 623-5449
Contact Us Today!
Error: Contact form not found.
Baker’s Mobile Aire – Air Conditioning and Heating Specialist
You can save money and become more energy efficient with the right heating and cooling system. Air conditioning Tucson for over 42 years, Baker’s Mobile Aire can help you with heating, cooling, air conditioning, evaporative cooling, dryer vent cleaning, duct cleaning, and all your HVAC needs.